Snapchat is an image messaging and multimedia mobile application created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown when they were students at Stanford University. The app’s marketed product name was originally used to form the company Snapchat, Inc., which was later renamed Snap Inc. The corporate headquarters are located in Venice, California. The prototype for Snapchat was started by Brown and Spiegel as a project for one of Spiegel’s classes at Stanford, where Spiegel was a product design major. The application was relaunched September 2011. Snapchat evolved into a mix of private messaging and public content, including brand networks, publications, and live events such as sports and music.
According to documents and deposition statements, Reggie Brown brought the idea for a disappearing pictures app to Evan Spiegel because Spiegel had prior business experience. Brown and Spiegel then pulled in Bobby Murphy, who had experience coding. The three worked closely together for several months, straight through the initial product release, until Spiegel and Murphy decided to deny Brown further access a few weeks before relaunching the app as Snapchat. Snapchat is primarily used for creating multimedia messages referred to as “snaps”; snaps can consist of a photo or a short video, and can be edited to include filters and effects, text captions, and drawings.
Snapchat uses a lot of symbols and icons. We have filters, lenses, trophies, emojis and many features more. Snapchat symbols are emojis and icons used to represent relationships with your friends, status of your snaps — sent and received — and other important information. we take a look at all the Snapchat symbols such as Friend Emojis, Gold Heart, Red Heart, Pink Hearts emoji, Grimace emoji , smile emoji, Smirk emoji, sunglasses emoji, Fire emoji, Hourglass emoji , Baby emoji, Birthday Cake emoji etc. Also, different colours of an icon can mean different things. We take a look at all the icons used in Snapchat such as Sent & Opened icons, Received & Viewed icons, Screenshot icons, Reply icons etc.
We’re more interested in looking weird, different, scary or funny than beautiful. You can use any snapchat face effect. We’ll take a look at all the face effects you can create on Snapchat using lenses and filters so you can be whatever you want to be. Snapchat Lenses are specifically developed to create face effects. However, lenses are rotated and new ones introduced every so often; they are not permanent.Go to Play Store or Apple App Store to download the latest version. To activate lenses, go to the camera screen on Snapchat. Switch to the selfie cam if it’s not already on. Tap and hold on your screen until your face features are detected. Once it detects your face, you will see lenses appear. These lenses will give you different face effects. Tap on the lens to activate, open your mouth when it tells you to. There are many face effect such as
- Puppy Snapchat face effect: The first lens that’s on my Snapchat currently is a puppy lens. Take a look. If you want to use this lens, tap on the lens (circle) again.
- Angry Snapchat face effect: Tapping on the next lens makes me a fat angry man. This effect will go nicely with a reaction to something you dislike.
- Alien Snapchat face effect: If you have seen an alien, you’ll know this next effect. Because I have, I know it is an alien face.
- Pug Snapchat face effect: Who doesn’t love pugs? They are ugly, noisy and have lots of liquid coming out of their mouth. What’s not to love about them? You can be a pug using this Snapchat lens. Remember it’s not here to stay; it could be removed in the next update if many people aren’t using it.
- Girl in back and white Snapchat face effect: This lens makes no sense to a guy. Wait, let me get a wig.
- Beard guy Snapchat face effect: Having mustaches and beard is considered sexy in some circles. Get one with this Snapchat face effect. Hate the eye colour though.
- Small eyes, nose, mouth Snapchat face effect: This effect is scary.
- Puking rainbows Snapchat face effect: This lens has been around for a while. It makes no sense but it’s wildly popular. I guess it’s better to puke out raindows than the pizza you just had.
- Vampire Snapchat face effect: This is a new lens, which I’m quite sure will be around for a while. It’s awesome.
- Truck driver Snapchat face effect: The video is better than the photo.
- Tigerwoman Snapchat face effect: This effect is Very Funny.
Snapchat face swap is a little complicated than other lenses, we have covered it in a separate post. These are all the lenses that are currently available with my version of WhatsApp. They are all the same for iPhones and Android phones. Lenses work great with captions. These face effects can be used to show your reactions to something or just for fun.Filters are easy. Once you have settled on a lens, you can add filters to your snaps by swiping towards on your screen. There are several filters you can add to your videos and photos. Some of these include colour tones (sepia, black and white, etc.).There aren’t a lot of things you can do with filters as far as face effects go. Remember to save the photos or videos to your phone if you want to share these to your other social profiles.
How to use Snapchat Face filters:
In similar fashion to Instagram, Snapchat has filters which you can add to your photos. However, they’re not switched on by default so here’s how to switch on filters in Snapchat.Once you’ve taken a photo, simple swipe left or right and you’ll see a message which says ‘turn on filters’. Click the ‘I want filters’ button at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to the ‘additional services’ part of the settings menu where you can tick the filters box. Note that you’ll need to enable location to be able to switch them on and for some to work properly.
How to use Snapchat Face lenses:
- Open up Snapchat’s camera by tapping on the gray circle at the bottom. If the front-facing camera isn’t on, tap on the camera icon on the top-right to switch the camera into selfie mode.
- Tap on your face. You’ll notice a wire mask wrap itself around your face. That’s Snapchat’s powerful facial recognition technology at work.
- You can now choose from a selection of 10 lenses. Simply swipe left to try each one. Snapchat regularly rotates lenses out on an ongoing basis and allows brands to sponsor lenses, so be on the look-out for new lenses every day. Likewise, if there’s a Lens that captures your interest, you better get on it. There’s a chance Snapchat could retire it tomorrow. The current selection includes flower crowns, doggie ears, hippie sunglasses, NBA hoops, and more.
- Follow any directions that Snapchat gives you, such as raising your eyebrows or opening your mouth, to activate the Lens.
- To capture the Snap, simply press on the filter. You can then add text, send it to your friends, or save to your camera roll so you’ll have the snap forever.
Lenses are essentially creative filters for your selfies. You can use lenses on both still photos and video. Snapchat also allows you to add captions in a selection of bold, funky fonts and colors .It’s the popular mobile app that allows you to send videos and pictures, both of which will self destruct after a few seconds of a person viewing them. Snapchat is also a fun messaging app. You can take a photo or a video with it, then add a caption or doodle or lens graphic over top, and send it to a friend.
Watch the snapchat faces video here and see if you like it